Wonderland might not be open yet but to get us warmed up for the season they have released the recipe for their mouth watering funnel cakes.
"I bet everyone’s having some really serious cravings right about now," wrote the park's Director of Communications Grace Peacock knowingly.
Canada’s Wonderland funnel cake has that crispy, yet chewy, light-as-air, covered in a dusting of powdered sugar, smothered in that sweet, strawberry sauce and topped with a swirly mountain of soft-serve vanilla ice cream. Now I feel for one.
The iconic summer treat that we wait in long lines for is a classic at Wonderland and a must for visits to the park.They provided the recipe ingredients for both the strawberry sauce and the cake.
Here are the ingredients for the Strawberry sauce:
- 250g frozen strawberries
- 1 L + 30 ml water
- 100g strawberry Jam
- 200g sugar
- 50g strawberry glaze (optional)
- 2 tsp strawberry extract
- 2 tbsp red food colouring
- 56g modified corn starch (clear gel) – (if not available can be replaced with corn starch; adjust amount as per packaging instructions for 30 ml of water)
And here are the ingredients for the funnel cake:
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 250ml 2% milk
- 250ml water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 400g all-purpose flour
- 52g sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Oil for deep frying (enough to cover funnel cake)
- Confectionery (icing) sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving